Call for Art Dolls
Joan Mondale Gallery
March 11 – April 16, 2011
Textile Center’s Joan Mondale Gallery seeks original art dolls that highlight textile materials and techniques.
Textile Center Joan Mondale Gallery invites artists to submit their original art dolls for juror consideration into Figuratively Fiber. This exhibition seeks figurative (specifically human-like), three-dimensional work that highlights the contributions of textile materials and techniques to the genre of art dolls. The gallery is looking for pieces that demonstrate imagination and exceptional craftsmanship. Artistic emphasis can be placed on any aspect of the work including the form, features, clothing, etc. This exhibition will be juried by Jodi and Richard Creager.
• All pieces must be artist’s original concept and executed soley by the artist. (If another designer’s pattern is used, credit must be given to the designer; please respect copyright laws.)
• Artwork must be 3-dimensional and have human-like features (e.g. head, hands, feet).
• Artwork must be predominantly textile-related, either in materials used or techniques employed.
• Artwork must have been completed after July 1, 2009.
• No size limitations.
• Artist statement pertaining to work must be submitted in Word document format (half-page per piece max).
• Two pieces may be entered per entry fee.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
• Artwork executed under classroom or educational/ supervisory guidance is not eligble.
• Artwork may not have been previously exhibited at Textile Center.
Entry Fee: $30 per entry
• $250 Best of Show
• $250 Juror’s Choice
• $100 People’s Choice
Download the prospectus: www.textilecentermn.org/FigurativelyFiber_CFE [pdf]
Visit the website: www.textilecentermn.org
3000 University Ave SE #100
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Re: Call for Art Dolls
mmmmmmm i wonder
Would be very interesting